Crew called out to electrical fire in Todmorden

editorial image
2
Have your say

Firefighters were called out to an electrical fire at a Todmorden business premises.

A crew from Todmorden Fire Station were called out to the incident at Darwin House, Rochdale Road, at 3.53am this morning (Wednesday).

When firefighters arrived they found that an electricity metre had caught fire. They used a fire extinguisher and breathing apparatus to extinguish it.

The Yorkshire Electricity Board was also called out to turn off the power.

Nobody was injured and crews left after a few hours.

The fire was isolated to the electricity metre.