Fire crews attended a house fire in Todmorden in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).
Crews from Todmorden and Burnley were called to the fire in a terraced house at Station Road, Cornholme, at 3.46am.
When crews arrived, flames and smoke were billowing from the property and 100 per cent of the ground floor was involved in the fire.
A woman and two young children were in the property at the time, but were alerted to the danger by a smoke detector and managed to escape from the house without injury.
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan at the incident and were able to minimise fire damage to the ground floor of the property.
The first floor and loft of the house have been left smoke damaged.
The fire did not spread any further than the house but smoke had spread to neighbouring properties and was cleared by fire crews - two adults received a precautionary check for smoke inhalation, but did not go to hospital.
Crews left at 8.30am this morning and will return this morning to clear debris.
The cause of the fire is under currently investigation.