Grill pan sparks flat blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A grill pan sparked a flat blaze in Todmorden last night (Tuesday).

Fire crews from Todmorden and Burnley were called to Shakespeare Avenue at around 5.35pm, to reports of a first floor flat fire with people trapped in the building.

When crews arrived, they found the occupant of the first floor flat outside.

The man, thought to be in his 60s, had managed to put the fire out himself with a dry powder extinguisher.

He was checked over at the scene, but was not injured.

Crews were at the scene for around 40 minutes.