Not that we’ve had much of a change, but the weather is getting colder and it has an effect on your hair and skin.
It’s that time of year where my skin starts to dry out and I’ve spotted the signs already.
It’s a difficult task to make sure you’re doing all you can to keep your skin looking tip top no matter the time of year and if you’re really committed, it can start to get expensive.
But have no fear, as I’ve found a shapeshifting multi-useful product that can keep your skin soft and hydrated through the autumn/winter seasons.
Vaseline, Petroleum Jelly.
We all have some hidden away somewhere, but did you know that it can be used for all kinds of beauty needs?
I found 22 great uses, some of which I’d never hear of before. So here’s more than a top 20.
1. Lip balm: moisturises and soothes chapped lips.
2. Moisturises dry skin.
3. Hand and feet moisturiser: it hydrates and smooths chapped hands and feet. Apply some petroleum jelly to your hands and feet and then put on mittens and socks. Wait about 10-15 minutes for the Vaseline to soak into the skin. The result? Smoother and softer skin.
4. All over moisturiser: apply petroleum jelly all over your body after a bath. It will leave your skin soft and smooth.
5. Eye make-up remover: removes even the most stubborn mascara and soothes the eye area.
6. Scrub: mix petroleum jelly with sea salt to make your own scrub.
7. Night cream: it can be used as a night cream but you need to warm it up first.
8. Protects manicure: putting some Vaseline on the base of your nails will stop the color from running.
9. Shaving: just put a very thin layer on the area that needs shaving and shave. Don’t use water. Also don’t apply too much product or it will plug up your razor. It will leave your skin soft, smooth and moisturised.
10. Highlighter: apply it on cheeks and under-eye area for that dewy look.
11. Softens elbows: apply some Vaseline to elbows daily. It will soften them.
12. Lipgloss: apply some lipliner all over your lips and top it off with Vaseline for instant shine.
13. Maintains fragrance longer: apply a thin layer of Vaseline on your wrist before spraying perfume on. It will make the scent last longer.
14. Lip exfoliant: apply petroleum jelly to your lips and wait a few minutes. Then, using an old toothbrush, scrub your lips. This will exfoliate lips, leaving them very soft.
15. Protects skin from hair dye: apply some Vaseline around the hairline before colouring your hair to protect your skin from the harsh chemicals contained in the dye.
16. Conditioner: Apply some to the scalp before shampooing to condition it.
17. Seals in split ends: if you put some Vaseline on your split ends, it will seal them in and make it look like they aren’t there. But don’t do this too often as it will take a couple of shampoos to remove vaseline from your hair.
18. Cream blusher: mix some Vaseline with your lipstick to make your own cream blusher.
19. Prevents uneven tanning: just put some on dry spots before applying fake tanning lotions.
20. Moisturise and tame eyebrows: putting a small amount of Vaseline on your brows before going to bed will not only moisturise them, but it will mould them into place too.
21. Prevents chafing: just apply some Vaseline on the areas that need it, such on heels and the balls of feet.
22. Stains remover: it removes makeup stains from clothes.
Let me know how you found these tips by tweeting me @BeautyVox