Air crew praised for park call out
The air ambulance was called to Centre Vale Park after a man suffered a heart attack.
The helicopter attended the park, on Burnley Road, Todmorden, last Thursday afternoon, September 20, following a 999 call for urgent medical assistance for a 57-year-old local man who collapsed with a suspected heart attack.
A spokesperson for the neighbourhood policing team said: “The helicopter transported the patient to Leeds General Hospital for emergency care.
“It is believed that he will make a full recovery thanks in no small part to the prompt 999 call and the air ambulance attending.”
- Crews called to house fire in Calder Valley
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west