Bomb squad called in to Todmorden
Life for Ashenhurst residents was disturbed this afternboon when the bomb squad was called in following a telephone call from a member of the public.
A specialist team from Catterick has been deployed to Whirlaw Avenue after a resident called believing they had discovered a World War Two bomb.
Police officers are secured the area and nearby residents were evacuated from their homes.
It is the third time in the last six months that bomb displosal experts have been called to the town following the discovery of potentially explosive devices.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North east