Breaking news: Power failure in Burnley Road area should be resolved this afternoon
More than 150 residents who have been without power for 18 hours should have their electricity supply restored this afternoon (Thursday)
People living in the Burnley Road area of Todmorden have been without power since 6pm yesterday evening.
Some had their supply restored within an hour, but others are still facing problems.
Northern Powergrid engineers are currently on site attempting to fix the problem with the underground network.
A spokesperson said: “We still have just over 150 customers affected by the power cut.
“We have got a team out on site now tring to repair the network.
“We expect all customers to have the power restored by 2pm this afternoon.”
Adrian Ashton, one of the residents affected, said it was unfortunate timing given this week’s freezing temperatures.
“It’s getting desperate, especially with it being so cold,” he said.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
- The scooter boys - and girls - are back in town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west