Concerns over parking at road junction
SAFETY campaigners are asking for a review of parking in the Bacup Road area following a road accident at the junction of Pexwood Road and Bacup Road recently.
Members of Todmorden Accident Prevention Council say the situation at that junction is not helped by the large number of vehicles, some large, parked on Bacup Road between Pexwood Road and Rochdale Road.
A spokesman said the section of Bacup Road from its junction with Rochdale Road to 100 yards or so beyond the same road’s junction with Pexwood Road had been a problem for many years. Secretary Derrick Kershaw is to contact Calderdale Council asking for a review of parking in the area prior to the possible introduction of parking restrictions.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west