DCSIMG

Crew attends moorland fire

editorial image

editorial image

Firefighters attended a fire on Soyland Moor last night (Tuesday).

The fire, which covered 40 metres, occurred on Soyland Moor, near Halifax, at about 10pm.

When fire crews arrived a local man was trying to extinguish the flames. Officers from Halifax, who spent an hour at the scene, used beaters and one hose reel to deal with the incident.

Nobody was injured.

Fire officers believe the incident was accidental and possibly caused by a cigarette.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news