Drop-in for flood prevention advice
CALDERDALE Council and other groups are looking to help people be as prepared as possible for any future flooding.
A public drop-in session will be held at Todmorden Town Hall on Saturday, October 13, to provide information and some basic steps to prepare in the event of flooding.
The session, from 11am until 4pm, will also discuss the impact of the summer floods in the upper Calder Valley, actions being taken and plans being made as a result.
The Environment Agency, Community Foundation for Calderdale and Voluntary Action Calderdale will also be attending.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
- The scooter boys - and girls - are back in town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North east