Heart-warming - and tasty - day of Valentine fun
They say the way to your heart is through your stomach and a special pre-Valentine’s Day promotion proved there’s plenty of truth in the saying!
Local cheesemaker Pextenement teamed up with the Crumbly Cheese stall in Todmorden Market Hall to get to the heart of the matter with some special heart-shaped Pexommier cheeses and the chance to have a bibble at any of the other cheeses for sale in a successful sampling session.
Carl Warburton of Pextenement said the event had caught the imagination. “It’s good to be in the market and we spoke to a lot of people and sold a lot of cheese,” he said.
Jean Hartley, of hosts Crumbly Cheese, said everyone had had a brilliant day.
“It was a great success. We had lots of fun and loads of laughs and it was a great atmosphere.
“We were very busy and it brought people into the market. We had signs up to encourage people to come here,” she said.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
- The scooter boys - and girls - are back in town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west