Playgroup kids go batty for Halloween
CHILDREN at a playgroup have been going batty in the run-up to Halloween.
Youngsters at Colden Pre-School Playgroup cut out bats, witch hats and spiders to hang from the spooky cobweb clouds strewn across the ceiling.
They have been kept busy cutting up vegetables to make fresh pumpkin soup and have enjoyed dressing up as ghosts and ghoulies.
Lisa Kennaugh, early years professional, said: “The children really love the sense of excitement that this time of year brings, with the nights drawing in and the weather getting chillier.
“They are having a lot of fun with all the Halloween activities.”
The playgroup, in a small rural setting, caters for children from the Hebden Bridge and Todmorden areas.
It has been praised by Ofsted for its excellent and vibrant range of resources.
The playgroup has places available for children aged from two-and-a-half to four, with three to four year-old funding.
For more information, contact Lisa on 01422 846734 for an informal chat.
- Crews called to house fire in Calder Valley
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South