Police appeal over badger baiting in Calderdale
Police are asking for the public to look out for badger baiting after an incident in Todmorden.
A member of the public disturbed the suspected badger baiting bid on Friday.
Officers are looking for three men in connection with the incident, that was reported at 10.51am.
The first is described as white, aged 30 to 38, with brown short hair and stocky. He was wearing a grey/brown jacket.
The second man is described as white, aged between 30 and 40, almost bald but with fair hair.
He is of average build and was wearing camouflage trousers and a green/brown jacket (similar to the first man). He was also carrying a jacket.
A third man officers want to speak to was wearing a black fleece and green/brown trousers.
The incident is currently being investigated by Calderdale’s Wildlife Officer, Special Constable Phil Sanderson.
He said: “Badger baiting is a horrible crime and I would urge anyone who suspects the crime is taking place to contact police.”
Anyone with information should call police via 101.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west