Police chief Bettison quits
WEST Yorkshire’s top cop, Chief Constable Sir Norman Bettison - who visited the Incredible Edible Todmorden community growing project in August - resigned yesterday.
Sir Norman, 56, pictured when he visited IET, was due to retire in March next year but was called upon to step down with immediate effect by the region’s police authority.
He had been accused of overseeing a cover-up in the wake of the Hillsborough tragedy.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
- The scooter boys - and girls - are back in town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North east