Smoke alarm warning after Bradford family has lucky escape

editorial image

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service has emphasised the importance of having working smoke alarms following a house fire in Bradford on Tuesday May 27.

In total ten people self-rescued before the arrival of firefighters from a terraced property in Westfield Road, Manningham which was left badly damaged by the blaze.

Five fire engines were mobilised following a call shortly after 6am. It’s believed the cause of the fire was accidental due to misusing an outside halogen floodlight inside the basement.

 

Back to the top of the page