Swimmers brave icy conditions
Hardy souls ignored the freezing cold weather to plunge into Lee Dam, Todmorden, for the annual New Year Swim.
Crowds of onlookers applauded the swimmers as they raced into the water to reach a wooden trophy.
There were three races for men, women and children.
Winners were Dieter Rutkowski, 18, Harry Brown, 13, and Claire Smith, 44.
Read full coverage in this week’s new look Todmorden News and the Halifax Courier.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
- The scooter boys - and girls - are back in town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west