UPDATED: Weather latest: Environment Agency lifts flood alert for River Calder
A flood alert from the Environment Agency for the River Calder between Brighouse and Todmorden has been lifted.
It had been feared that the effects of melted snow and heavy rain could cause flooding.
After a breezy but mainly dry and bright start, rain and strong winds will spread east this afternoon, with the rain becoming heavy at times.
- Crews called to house fire in Calder Valley
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North