Watchdog members meet with staff and doctors at practice
A health watchdog has met with staff and doctors to try and ensure a better link-up between the groups.
Members of Todmorden Patients’ Participation Group (PPG) had a meeting at the health centre with representatives from Todmorden Group Practice.
The meeting follows criticisms of the practice raised by the PPG in its annual report.
The PPG was pleased to announce that the outside gym equipment has now been erected in the park and will be officially opened in the near future.
The doctors explained their absence from previous meetings and it was hoped that they and the PPG could now move forward and work together.
The practice manager is on maternity leave but should be back at the end of April and, with support from the doctors, it should mean there will be better communication in the coming year.
Future PPG meetings will be held to discuss the appointments system, access to the building and transport to the health centre.
The PPG hopes to hold a public meeting sometime in the spring on the subject of “depression”.
- Crews called to house fire in Calder Valley
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west