Weather update: main Calder Valley routes remain clear
Gritters have kept the upper Calder Valley’s main roads clear of snow so far, with no major problems along main traffic routes.
Light snow continues to fall but well-used secondar routes have also remained passable though care should be taken on side streets where snow has accumulated.
Calderdale Council gritter crews have been working to ensure main routes remain clear all morning, writes John Greenwood.
Forecasters say snow is likely to remain light but constant for the rest of today, through the night and into Saturday.
Town centres have been seeing less footfall than normal but most businesses, including Todmorden Market Hall, are open as normal.
- Crews called to house fire in Calder Valley
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west