TRIG members hope for lots of sightings at Big Bird Watch
Todmorden Riverside Improvement Group (TRIG) will be taking part in the RSPB’s Big Garden Bird Watch on Saturday.
Last year TRIG members recorded 18 different bird species on Tipside over the Big Garden Bird Watch weekend, and members are hoping for a high count again this time round.
Penny Bennett, from TRIG, said: “As we put out bird food at various places on Tipside, birds are used to coming to feed and, providing we don’t disturb them too much, this is a good chance to see larger numbers of some species.
“The snowy weather will mean that the birds will have to be spending longer feeding, giving birdwatchers more chance to spot them.”
TRIG will be able to supply record forms from the RSPB and pens, clipboards and binoculars, so anybody interested in taking part just needs bring warm clothes and footwear.
The group will meet at the Rose Street footbridge, behind the market hall, at 2pm. For more information, call Penny on 01706 812480.
- Cheers at the Top Brink as it is voted pub of the year
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- Running and walking both good for your heart
- Can potassium in bananas cut your stroke risk?
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west