Mum has to evacuate family’s home as dishwasher catches fire

editorial image

A 30-year-old mum had to evacuate her eight-year-old daughter and dog from her Todmorden home after a dishwasher caught fire on Thursday, December 18.

The incident happened at an address on Tennyson Avenue at 10.55am.

The woman smelt burning in the kitchen and opened the door to see flames and smoke coming out of the dishwasher.

She evacuated her daughter and dog and waited for the fire service to arrive.

One crew from Todmorden attended and used a hose reel, two breathing apparatus and a high-powered fan.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

For a free Home Fire Safety Check, go online or call 0800 5874536.