Safety advice issued after fire at home

Share this article

RESIDENTS in Todmorden are being urged to stay safe in the home this winter.

The advice comes after a house in Stoodley Grange, Lee Bottom Road, Todmorden, caught fire this week after a lack of fire-resistant lining under the floor boards.

Todmorden fire station manager Robin Ward said: “With the price of gas rising, people are choosing to use open fires.

“But they have to remember to clear their chimneys once a year and if they are having new stoves fitted that the linings around the floor and pipes are made of fire resistant materials.