Junior football match report round-up

IN a return fixture after Hebden’s 9-3 drubbing earlier this season, Adam Summerscales scored first after a threaded pass from Callum Little.

Summerscales then set up Yannick Machado le Gal, for a well placed goal.

HAFC were undeterred and soon pulled a goal back and Saints had a string of chances which were either saved or inches wide.

HAFC scored twice more, but Saints stayed focused, Machado le Gal scoring twice more to complete his first hat trick.

Just before half-time George Deakin scored an impressive goal to make it 5-3 at the break.

The second half saw Saints play some very impressive football. Le Gal extended his tally with a confident shot past the keeper to make it six.

There were a string of attempts before Le Gal blasted extended the lead further.

In the final minutes Fin Allott’s free kick rebounded to Le Gal for him to complete his double hat trick.

A WELL-disciplined St Columbas gave league-leaders Todmorden a sterner test than expected.

It took Todmorden 15 minutes to break the deadlock when Benjamin Pearson scored from long range and Alec Hodkinson doubled the lead steering in from a corner.

After the break Pearson scored his 15th goal of the season with a near-post volley. Then Jake Nyari won the ball in midfield and released Henry Antemes who ran through to score.

The fifth goal came from Sam Foster after some enterprising midfield play by Callum Bailey.

St Columbas notched up a consolation goal when they converted from the penalty spot. The win is Todmorden’s eighth on the run and keeps them clear at the top of the table.

SAINTS Tigers defied their lowly league position to be the first team this season to take a point off leaders Warley.

Stand-in keeper Jacob Whitehead was the rock behind an excellent defence.

Choosing to kick down the steep slope, Tigers made ta through ball from man of the match Josh Peterson to Sam Thompson, who rounded the keeper to score.

Warley equalised but Tigers were soon back in front. Alasdair Pedley fed Thompson who lobbed the keeper.

Warley looked much stronger after the break and by the three-quarter mark Tigers had fallen a goal behind.

Eli Cory Wright split the defence and left Pedley free to equalise. Minutes later almost a replay of Tigers’ second goal gave Thompson his hat trick and Tigers a 3-4 lead.

A surprise victory was snatched away as Warley made it 4-4 in the closing minutes.

AFTER their draw with Warley, Tigers’ teamwork and spirit saw them come back from 3-1 down to beat third place Elland 3-5.

A high bouncing ball gave Elland an early lead and an unstoppable strike doubled it.

Josh Peterson hit the bar for Tigers but Elland’s keeper was only beaten when a half clearance went to Callum Allen, who made it 2-1 at half time.

After the break Elland extended their lead and held it until the last 20 minutes when Sam Thompson’s cross was fired in by Alasdair Pedley.

Then a cross from Martin Howard also found Pedley and the scores were level.

Man of the Match Dan Davie in goal, kept Elland at bay leaving Tigers to complete their comeback in style.

A free kick was fumbled by the keeper and Thompson scored from the rebound. The game was sealed in the last minute when Peterson converted a Howard corner.

TOD looked the better side in the first half, but conceded an early goal after being caught in possession.

Swifts were then awarded a spot kick after two players had apparently tangled off the ball.

Now 2-0 down against the run of play, they did not panic and played some decent football.

It resulted in a string of corners and from one Joel Deakin clipped the ball home with the side of his foot. Then Tod’s Benjamin England equalised from the penalty spot.

The second period was a far more even contest. Luis Diggle pulled off a cracking double save on the goal-line with the aid of Theo Christodoulou and at the other end Oisin Pritchard hit the post.

Swifts then hit the crossbar and then got another penalty but Diggle saved brilliantly.

But they then conceded two breakaway goals. A fifth followed before Dylan Caldwell fired home a consolation strike.

SAINTS initially found Ryburn hard for Saints to handle, but soon found their rhythm.

Ryburn responded and there was a great savefrom Billy Duffy.

The stalemate was broken with a great pass to an unmarked Joey Gwilliam, who finished off with a perfect strike.

Soon after Ted Vile smashed the ball past six men to make it 2-0.

In the second half Reuben Sugarman scored a third for Saints after a turn in mid-field allowed him a free run on goal, although Ryburn made it 3-1 with a good finish.

A and S got off to a dream start in the first minute with Luke Latham firing home a powerful angled drive.

Less than a minute later Gold were level from a fine solo effort, and then dominated. Only a series of last ditch tackles and a string of saves from keeper Xavier Tetteroo-Smith kept the scores level.

But jGold broke from their own half and found the net from long range on the stroke of half-time.

A and S pressed forward in the second half but their chances went begging.

A and S’ defence were caught napping on 26 minutes as Gold ran clear to extend their lead and a couple of minutes later finished off a fluent series of passes with an unstoppable strike.

SCORPIONS were unlucky not to record their first win of the season, going down 1-0 away.

The game was end to end and Scorpions’ Jake Blackhurst came closest to scoring with a long shot that the Shamrocks’ keeper kept out.

Gabriel Read was denied by another smart save.

Still scoreless at half-time, Scorpions opened the second half strongly, but they were caught out when a nicely weighted through ball left a Shamrocks player with a clear run.

Scorpions’ keeper, Khalid Ayub, was unlucky to see his clearance rebound off his opponents’ legs and roll into the net.

TOD Colts lost their unbeaten run at the hands of Ryburn Blacks at Vale Park.

Colts got off to the worst possible start when, in the opening minute, the visitors swung in a corner which deceived everyone, including Colts keeper James Hartley, and found its way into the net.

The home team thought they had a penalty when Jacob Entwistle was upended in the area only for a free-kick to be awarded on the edge of the box.

The visitors then broke and successfully converted their own spot-kick after Max Dawson was harshly adjudged to have bundled over a Ryburn forward.

The home team regrouped after the interval and had much the best of the game carving out good openings but the visitors held on for victory.

THE Wasps were slow to get going Crossleys took an early lead.

Keeper Ben Barker then made some good saves to prevent further scores.

Wasps good attacking play soon paid off with a goal. A quick throw by Ross Buchanan put Max Duffy clear to finish well.

They took the lead when a through ball from Aiden Schofield put Mather in to finish, giving the keeper no chance.

The lead did not last long as Crossleys equalised with a long range effort.

In the second half Wasps took the lead again when Duffy grabbed his second, but Crossleys long range efforts paid off with an equaliser.

Wasps were then punished twice more late on after reacting slowly at successive corner kicks.

TSC Wasps dominated the early stages creating a host of chances.

Against the run of play the Shamrocks scored a goal when the ball bounced in off the Wasps goalkeeper Ben Barker direct from a corner. They added a fine second to make it 2-0 at half-time.

In the second half a left wing cross from Aiden Schofield saw Nathan Firth tuck the ball home. Then an unfortunate kick from Barker dropped kindly for the Shamrocks to score. A fourth followed when the Wasps were caught upfield. Max Duffy reduced the arrears with a smart finish late on but this was to be a consolation goal.