Junior football round-up

Here are some of the junior football highlights from last week.

Ryburn 0

Saints got a deserved victory over Ryburn with a goal in each half by George Oliver.

The first goal came from a corner from the right swung in brilliantly by Niall Buckley and headed home by Oliver at the far post.

Creative play and fast moves along the flanks by Danny Cox, Jaz Duncan, Elliott Bamford and Tom Gee saw Ryburn increasingly pinned into their own half.

In the second half a typical Oliver blast from the edge of the box sealed the game for Saints after Ryburn had a player sent off for violent conduct.

Saints went on to create further chances but could not increase their lead.

George Oliver was named man of the match in what was a great team performance.

Todmorden Borough Under 14s 6

Halifax Irish Under 14s 7

Calderdale League Cup, semi-final (after extra-time)

A pulsating game ended with Borough missing out by a solitary goal.

Irish raced into a three goal lead within minutes of the kick-off, the first coming from a hotly disputed penalty.

Tommy Few pulled one back but Irish scored again and appeared to be cruising.

Goals from Ryan Lewis and another from Few unsettled the visitors before they regained their two-goal advantage.

Few completed his hat trick before Alfie Farrington converted from the penalty spot to take the game into extra-time.

Another lapse in concentration allowed Irish to score two in quick succession before Borough got another penalty.

This time Farrington’s spot-kick was saved. With just seconds remaining, Few scored again but it was too late for Borough.

Todmorden Sports Centre Under 12s 3

Warley Rams Under 12s 5

Calderdale League Cup, semi-final

Cup-holders Todmorden relinquished their trophy to a powerful Warley side.

The visitors took the lead after a few minutes before Sam Foster shot across the keeper and into the net.

Warley restored the lead before Benjamin Pearson hit a goal from the edge of the area.

Despite Todmorden having most of the possession Warley always looked more likely to score and were 5-2 ahead before Henry Antemes pulled one back.

Todmorden paid for a handful of defensive mistakes, though they never really got their passing game under way against a much more physical side.

HBS Tigers U12 6

HBS Juniors U12 6

Two evenly matched teams left as they started, locked in the league on the same points from the same number of games.

Tigers almost scored within seconds but Juniors keeper Josh Blackhurst was up to it and it was Juniors who established a two goal lead.

A strong shot from Finley Allot was followed up by a breakaway goal from Yannick Mechado Le Gal.

By half-time things were level again at 2-2 with a move finished off by Martin Howard and then a partly cleared corner forCallum Allen who equalised.

After the break, Tigers went in front within seconds, a passing move finished by Sam Thompson.

The lead did not last. Jack Hardy equalised and another break from Le Gal saw it swing back to Juniors.

Howard replied with two goals to put Tigers back in front only for George Deakin to score two almost identical goals from free kicks giving Juniors a 6-5 lead.

In the last few seconds of added time Juniors failed to clear a Josh Peterson long throw and Jack Crummett equalised.

Ryburn Blacks U9s 2

Hebden Bridge Saints Scorpions U9s 5

Scorpions man-of-the-match, Callum Cushing, opened the scoring with a long-range shot in the first minute.

Joshua Knight pulled the strings in midfield but the heroics of the Ryburn keeper kept Scorpions out though Simeon Thomas hit the post.

In the second half. Jake Blackhurst picked up a loose ball and finished well.

Immediately afterwards, Alex Dowling headed home a Dan Bradshaw corner, and when Bradshaw himself rounded off a move to make it 4-0, the game looked over.

A defensive wobble then allowed Ryburn to grab two quick goals, but Bradshaw sealed the victory when he burst through to finish.

Northowram Juniors U9s 2

Todmorden Borough Blacks U9s 4

Against the run of play, Borough fell behind with a defensive blunder.

They then piled on the pressure and were rewarded when a Jordan Glover corner fell to Callum Issitt for the equaliser.

A wayward back pass was intercepted to give the home side the lead but a solo effort from Noah Hudson levelled things at half-time.

Borough’s third goal game from a Jack Jacques throw-in and Jordan Glover could not miss.

Lewis Rushworth rounded things off with Borough’s fourth.

Crossleys 2

Todmorden Borough Blacks U9s 4

The first goal came from a clearance from defence finished off by Noah Hudson.

Crossleys soon equalised, but Borough’s second came from Callum Issitt with the first of his three goals.

Borough’s third was again from Hudson, and it was quickly followed by one from Issitt to give them a 4 - 1 half-time lead.

The second half started well for Borough when Jack Jacques hit home the fifth.

Crossleys quickly counter attacked, catching Borough off-guard for their second.

The final goal came from Issitt who completed his hat trick.

Todmorden Sports Centre U10s 4

Hebden Bridge Sharks U10s 0

It was a rather subdued performance from Todmorden – although the outcome was never in doubt.

It was not until midway through the first half that Tod got the breakthrough when Cook played Rothwell in to open the scoring.

The keeper then kept Tod at bay, until a fine passing move was ended with a second goal from Rothwell.

Although Hebden had their chances, it was their goalie who was the busiest on the park in the second half.

Tod created plenty of opportunities and Caldwell finished from a tight angle, to extend their lead.

Cook hit a fourth, but Hebden always looked lively and Diggle had to save to preserve the clean sheet.

TSC U8s 10

Columbus U8s 3

TSC bounced back to winning ways in style.

Ben Ormerod began it in the opening minute and quickly added two more to complete a quick hat trick.

Reece McDermondy hit a spectacular strike from the halfway line, before Diarmuid Pritchard and James Hartley lashed home for a fifth and sixth just before the interval.

The visitors threatened a comeback when pulling three goals back after the restart but that spurred the home team and they hit four more goals.

James Hartley added his second when finishing off a flowing move before Jacob Entwistle grabbed a brace with two fine left-footed strikes and Pritchard completed a great morning for the Tod youngsters with his second right at the end.

Todmorden Sports Centre Under 7s Wasps 6

Halifax Irish Under 7s 0

An excellent all round performance from the Wasps ensured a well earned victory.

The first five minutes saw both teams competing well.

The first goal came after a series of passes, Alex Mather tapiing in from close range.

The first half ended 1-0 but soon after the restart Wasps doubled their lead with a goal from Max Duffy.

The lead was increased further by Harrison Calvert and Nathan Firth.

An unfortunate own goal and another goal for Max Duffy increased the lead to 6-0.

Alfie Hudson had a fine game in midfield, breaking up play and tracking back to deny the visitors.

HAFC U11s 3

Tod Sports 11s 11

The first half of a double header was held at Old Earth, Elland, against Huddersfield Amateurs.

The visitors took advantage of a huge pitch to create numerous chances many of which went unfinished.

Jacob Tansey scored 5, closely by Ben Ashton who managed four.

The other goals came from Florie and Clarke.

Warley Juniors U11s 1

Tod Sports U11s 10

The second game of the weekend was another away trip to Savile Park, Halifax.

The level of performance was not the same but the result was no less convincing.

Tansey and Ashton dominated the scoring again with four and three goals respectively.

Roberts, Clarke and an own goal completed the scoring.

The TSC defence was again impressive giving only the briefest of opportunities for the Juniors.

Hebden Bridge Saints U11 Girls 7

Todmorden 2

Saints girls played a friendly against the open age Todmorden team to give them experience of match play and had a fine victory after an excellent performance.

The Saints girls took the lead through a couple of power drives from midfielder Safia Touray.

Lola Foulger came on to make it 3-0 soon after.

In the second half Saints conceded two quick goals after a fine strike from the Todmorden forward sailed into the net. Keeper Touray parried the ball only for it to be slotted home. 

Foulger hit the post and bar before Rosie Bayliss sscored.

Harriet Walton struck twice near the end of the game after excellent play by Grace Allaby, Jess Corne and Ellie Waring. Corne then added Saints’ seventh.